Swift Challenger 480 (2018)
This model has the Alde central heating fitted and includes the Swift Challenger Lux Pack, (illuminated splash back, BBQ point, external 240v socket, alarm with key fob operation and external service door) included in the price.
The panoramic sunroof allows plenty of natural light into the interior where new ‘Santa Monica’ soft furnishings with warm grey, bronze and red hues are paired with ‘Aralie Sen’ woodgrain.
Gloss high level lockers feature a chrome inlay and positive locker catches for safe and secure storage. Adding to the quality feel are new pleated cassette blinds to the windows and mini-Heki multi-directional clear roof lights in the kitchen and bedrooms.
Flexible seating and sleeping arrangements feature Swift’s exclusive AirWave seating with a unique construction that expertly blends comfort and support. Fixed beds are topped with the ultra comfortable Duvalay Duvalite mattress, again exclusive as standard equipment to the Swift Group.
Well-equipped kitchens and washrooms house an array of clever storage solutions. Plentiful hot water is provided by the ‘Truma’ Combi heating system and you have the option to upgrade to Alde wet central heating.
Boosting specification levels further is the new Swift Command control system with optional Thatcham Category 6 approved pro-active tracker and a new Lux pack option which adds a stylish illuminated kitchen splashback, external BBQ point, external 230V socket, external service door and key fob operated alarm system for an overall package that’s hard to beat.
- Motor Mover Fitted
- European Whole Vehicle Type Approval ensures compliance with strict weight, dimension and safety regulations
- EN1645 Grade 3 classification for heating and thermal insulation
- Overall body width 2.23m/7’4”
- AL-KO galvanised steel chassis with Euro-axle
- Enhanced SMART Plus construction with GRP body panels
- Strong, moisture proof ‘PURe’ Polyurethane timberless framed body shell with polystyrene insulation core
- Robust GRP inner and outer balanced side walls
- 44mm ‘sandwich’ floor construction with GRP outer skin, ply upper and high rigidity Styrofoam core
- Hail resistant exterior GRP roof, fully bonded for extra strength and flatness
- Fuel saving aerodynamic front in closed-mould GRP with wide front door
- Full height closed mould GRP rear panel
- Stylish graphics scheme
- Sweeping GRP front panel with triple flush fitting windows, panoramic sunroof and LED front marker lights
- Chrome effect two part grab handles to front and rear
- Carbon effect wide access gas locker door with single lever three point locking
- Exclusive LED rear light clusters, LED high level marker and brake light which provide better visibility in poor weather
- LED side marker running lights
- AL-KO Euro overrun device with two-way assisted handbrake
- ‘Scorpion’ alloy wheels
- Steel spare wheel
- Higher tyre rating - a load margin is included in the tyre specifications
- Shock absorbers for a smoother towing experience
- Semi-recessed body colour awning rail both sides
- Step-on hitch cover for easy cleaning of front windows
- 13-pin ‘Jaeger’ 12V car connector
- AL-KO carabiner breakaway cable
- Bulkhead mounted regulator suitable for use with either propane or butane bottles
- Flusher fitting fully double-glazed opening windows (no single-glazed cold areas)
- LED awning light
- Exterior one-piece door with, interior moulded liner, chrome handle with improved operation, window with blind and bin with dust pan and brush
- Exterior access battery box with mains electric inlet (battery not included)
- Aerial point in battery box for portable satellite dish connection
- Entrance step
- Fixing bars for optional Thule rear mounted two cycle rack
- 1.95m (6’5”) headroom
- Panoramic front sunroof
- ‘Santa Monica’ soft furnishing scheme
- ‘Aralie Sen’ woodgrain with contemporary colouring
- Gloss upper locker doors with chrome inlay
- Positive overhead locker catches for secure storage on the move
- Overhead locker doors with injection moulded space frame construction
- Chrome effect handles, sockets and switches
- Two large scatter cushions
- Twin curtain track for improved hanging and ease of use
- Sectioned removable carpets for flexibility
- ‘French Oak’ effect, high impact, scratch resistant floor lino
- Swift AirWave bedding for greater seating and sleeping comfort
- Beech slat seat and bed bases with sprung hinged tops for extra comfort and easy access
- Seat bases with spaceframe construction, full front access and space for larger items
- Bed make-up system with slats retained on track (Mid bed uses the table)
- Exclusive Duvalay Duvalite mattress with lightweight memory fibre technology - hypoallergenic, excellent pressure relief, dustmite resistant and 100% recyclable (fixed bed models only)
- Fixed beds with aluminium bed frames to maximise strength and storage space
- Access flaps in fixed bed surrounds and day seat ends
- Areas under beds and seats and washroom areas warmed by Truma blown air system and underfloor ducting insulated to minimise heat loss
- Front chest of drawers with convenient slide-out extending top
- Large dining table for full-size place settings
- Granite effect kitchen sink
- Removable drainer and food grade nylon chopping board nestle together for easy storage in dedicated location
- Kitchen worktop extensions (model specific)
- Kitchen laminate splashback
- Two cutlery drawers on smooth-action steel runners, one above fridge
- Two pull-out wire baskets in kitchen cupboard
- Midi-Heki roof window with flynet and adjustable concertina blind
- Door flyscreen with easy concertina action
- Pleated blinds and fly nets to all windows
- Mini Heki Multi-directional clear roof lights in kitchens and bedrooms.
- Seat and backrest ventilation boards
- Retained embroidered entrance mat
- Lined washroom cubicle in all separate washrooms (Except 510)
- 32mm thick washroom doors with domestic style locks and handles
- Shower bi-fold door retained on track for improved access (Except 510 & 590)
- Swivel spout vanity taps for improved use
- Swift Command control system with Thatcham Category 6 approved pro-active tracker (subject to annual subscription)
- Swift Command Intelligent power supply unit with LCD control panel; functions include battery selection, battery state meter, lighting and water pump circuit controls, internal & external temperature, internal humidity levels, 230V load limiter (settable between 5 amps & 16 amps), solar panel charging levels, heating controls and Bluetooth connection
- Swift Command app allows certain functions to be controlled/monitored remotely via an internet connection
- Dual fuel heating with Truma Combi 4 Boiler 1.8kW electric/4kW gas/3.8kW combined in 480, 510 & 530 (Combi 6 1.8kW electric/6kW gas/5.8kW combined in 560, 565, 570, 580, 590, 635 & 645)
- Digital programmable controller for heating and hot water with ability to be remote controlled via Swift Command.
- Optional upgrade to the Alde wet central heating system.
- Waste bin on lower door
- ‘Aspire MKII’ thermostatic oven with electronic ignition, dual fuel hob with 1x 800W electric hotplate & 3 gas burners with electronic ignition and separate grill.
- Glass hob lid with safety cut-out feature
- Ventilated microwave oven with digital controls built at an easily accessible level
- 8-Series Dometic 110 litre, electronic ignition fridge with removable freezer compartment, black effect finish and digital controls
- Tall slimline Dometic 134 litre electronic ignition fridge incorporating 12 litre removable freezer compartment in twin axles.
- Ecocamel Orbit shower head with on/off button for a powerful shower that uses less water
- Thetford C260 toilet with electric flush and 18 litre wheeled waste tank
- High flow rate in-board pump with chrome finish brass taps for reliable, high performance water supply
- Inboard semi-rigid fresh water pipes
- Large bore underslung rigid waste pipes
- Isolation taps for gas appliances
- Fully protected mains electric system
- 25 amp switchmode charger/transformer
- TV station with 230V, 12V and aerial sockets (two in selected models)
- Travel lock for TV brackets where fitted
- Radio/CD/MP3 player with iPod connection with upgraded premium radio speakers
- Status 570 directional Digital / Analogue TV/FM aerial and booster
- 80W roof mounted solar panel
- Over-locker lighting and recessed ceiling lighting LED throughout.
- LED downlighters set in plinth over kitchen locker
- Adjustable under locker LED lighting
- Four 230V sockets including twin in front shelf pod
- 25 metre mains hook-up cable
- LUX Pack includes illuminated sink splash back, key fob operated alarm & awning light, BBQ point, 230V external mains points and external access service door to near side front bed
Safety & Security
- Thatcham Category 6 approved pro-active tracker (subject to an annual subscription, part of Swift Command system)
- Convenient one-key high security locks
- AKS 3004 stabiliser
- Receiver for optional AL-KO Secure wheel lock
- Smoke alarm
- Carbon monoxide detector
- CRiS identity number labels on windows and caravan chassis
- Concealed security data chip within caravan construction
- Interior dead lock facility on entrance door for added security
Masses: The masses are calculated in accordance to EU regulation 1230/2012 and NCC code of practice 304.
The Mass in Running Order (MRO) comprises:
- The mass of the empty caravan as supplied by Swift including loose items such as the hook-up cable, kit bag, entrance step, manuals etc.
- 10kg allowance for LPG.
The MRO is calculated with the fresh water tank, toilet flush tank and water heater empty. If you travel with water in the fresh water tank, toilet flush tank and the water heater the payload will reduce accordingly.
The personal effects is based on the number of berths and the length of the caravan and includes an allowance of 20kg for a leisure battery.
The Maximum Technical Laden Mass (MTPLM) is the maximum mass allowed when the caravan is fully laden.
Warning: Under no circumstances should the MTPLM be exceeded.
- AL-KO Secure wheel lock
- Wrap-around cushion and backrest
- Thule Elite G2 Two cycle rack